Communion To Shut-Ins

Please inform the Parish Office about the sick or aged
who are unable to come to Church.

Prayer Chain

Chris Huffman 330-429-4231
Divine Mercy Chaplet
Rosalyn Hardgrove 234-567-1863

St. Paul Church History 1881-2006

Title Page  Page 1  Page 2   Page 3  Page 4  Page 5   Page 6  

Page Five

Since his appointment as pastor, Father Eisweirth has emphasized the role of the laity in ministry. He worked with several committees in the parish to re-organize the Parish Pastoral Council and the Parish Finance Council. Many people are involved in ministry at this time and this is truly a sign of vitality and stewardship. He has worked closely with the parish staff as new people were hired and some retired. These are the present members of the parish staff: Sister Mary McFadden, S.N.D is Pastoral Minister, Mrs. Patty Bauman is Principal of the School, Mrs. Donna Dermotta is Coordinator of Religious Education, Mr. David Markovich is Pastoral Minister & Sacristan, Mrs. Donna Lynn is Pastoral Minister to the Sick, Concetta Yeager is Bookkeeper, Mrs. Judi Allio is the Office Manager, Mrs. Theresa Fithian is the Volunteer Secretary, Mrs. Kathy Mertens is Part-time Youth Minister, Mr. Joseph McKim is the Organist.

In 2004 Saint Paul School celebrated One Hundred Years of Ministry in the City of Salem. The Humility of Mary Sisters served in the school until 2003. The last two sisters to serve in Salem were Sister Dorothea Hurray and Sister Agnes Clare Snyder. They both were very involved in the school as volunteers. They remained very active in their retirement. Sister Dorothea Hurray became ill which required her to move to the Motherhouse. Sister Mary Agnes Snyder remained in the parish for another year before deciding to also move to the Villa. The Sisters of the Humility of Mary were truly a blessing to this community. They helped to form the present spirituality of the people. The former convent is now being utilized as a Parish Center. All the parish offices have been moved out of the rectory. All the parish staff have offices in the Parish Center at 935 East State St.

During the last six years the church building has gone through a complete restoration. The sanctuary has been renovated with new columns that match the other columns in the sanctuary. The pews and floors were all refinished. The pillars were painted in such a way to draw the ceiling art into the body of the church. The crucifix was suspended over the main altar in the sanctuary and hangs in front of the window depicting the Seven Sacraments. Work was also done to refurbish all the stained glass windows and repairs were made to the tower with new interior downspouts.


Mass Hours

Saturday:  4:30 P.M.
Sunday: 8:00 A.M.
Spanish Mass: 5:00 P.M.
Holiday and Weekday Masses:
Consult Bulletin


Saturdays  3:30 - 4:00P.M.
Anytime on request


935  East State Street
Salem, Ohio 44460
(330) 332-0336

Office Hours

Monday through Thursday
9:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. 


Make arrangements with Parish Priest at least six
months in advance.


Make arrangements with ParishOffice,  (330) 332-0336.